2008-01-15

Even though there's no meeting...

... I thought I'd leave a blog.
I've been playing around with the lego mindstorms software (for linux of course) at home, and have been pretty successful at getting the machine to do what I want. Mr. V. recently went to a Mindstorms conference and has come back with all sorts of new tricks up his sleeves. The most important of which is the patch for the Windows version of the Development Environment for the NXT! Next week (after academic midterms) we should install the development environment on a new machine (after we build it) that (much to my dismay) has a version of Microsoft's Windows operating system on it. I believe that Microsoft will allow Windows 98/se to be installed freely because they no longer support it.
In other news, I was using NOAA's website to track this passed Sunday's storm. I think there was something wrong with their Doppler because (to me) it looked like the storm was going to be mostly rain and be just north of Hathorne. Instead, we got several inches of snow and it hit us dead on.
I'll see you all next week. --- Mr. P

No comments: